Active Kent & Medway is committed to:
- keeping children and young people safe in sport, by working in partnership with organisations to promote and deliver best practice
- embedding the principles of equality and diversity, and safeguarding young people & adults across all its work, and expects all staff, Board members, partners and volunteers to share that commitment.
Active Kent & Medway believes that:
- the welfare and safety of children and young people is of primary concern
- all children have a right to be safe and to be treated with dignity and respect
- all children, whatever their age, ability or disability, gender identity, race, culture, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background, have the right to protection from abuse
- it is the responsibility of the child protection professionals to determine whether or not abuse has taken place, but it is everyone’s responsibility to put safeguarding measures in place, and to report any concerns
- all incidents of suspected poor practice and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- confidentiality should be upheld in line with data protection legislation, but should not be a barrier to promoting the welfare and protecting the safety of children.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that when taking part in activities arranged by Active Kent & Medway, regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience
- in a safe and child centred environment, and
- are protected from abuse.
If Active Kent & Medway does not meet expected standards in adhering to this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. All complaints received will be investigated and responded to as quickly as possible. For more information about the Kent County Council Customer Service policy, please visit www.kent.gov.uk/about-the-council.
Safeguarding and Inclusion Officer