The Partnership Board is the overall governing board for Active Kent & Medway, the local Active Partnership. It is an independent board which oversees, scrutinises and guides our work and makes decisions where appropriate to ensure our good governance.
The overall aims and objectives of the Board are:
- To set the values, strategic direction and policy of Active Kent & Medway.
- To respond to local, regional and national influences, including the representation of Active Kent & Medway and physical activity on all relevant local, regional and national policy and strategy consultations.
- To advocate for sport and for Active Kent & Medway.
- To ensure Active Kent & Medway is fit for purpose.
- To advise on the annual business plan and associated budget, and receive performance management information.
- To scrutinise Active Kent & Medway’s governance, risk management, financial management, strategy implementation and delivery team (Active Kent & Medway team) performance.
- To account to Sport England for the performance of the delivery team (Active Kent & Medway team) and the allocation, use and management of its grant funding, in line with the Host Agency’s responsibility as ‘agent’ for Sport England funding.
- To manage the Board recruitment process.
The Board is committed to encouraging partnership working between agencies, so that delivery of activities are of high quality and accessible to all people across the county.
Active Kent & Medway is seeking to appoint three new Board Members. We are particularly interested in recruiting individuals with an understanding, skills and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Health Sector