The following sketch notes were produced from our learning event which took place in October 2021 with organisations who work with people from lower socio-economic groups:
- Wider connections and opportunities were made with local councillors, youth volunteers, police safeguarding team, sports coaches and other local organisations
- Attract people to sessions and activities through festivals, noticeboards, posters, word of mouth and flyers.
- Go to where people are
- Develop exit routes to other activities/clubs
- Involve participants in planning
- Communicate more and be caring
- Develop the workforce in areas of administration, social media and coaching
- Be resilient
- Plan for the weather!
- Understand participant’s lives beyond your session
- Use online self referral form ie. Jot Form
- Know about other local services
“Each community is different with a personality and a need”