eLearning: Mental health awareness for sport and physical activity sector
MIND has updated their online learning course for 2023. Updates include:
- Price reduction to £10 (previously £12).
- A new platform which is now fully accessible for screen readers and keyboard navigation.
- Updated statistics based on new and updated research.
- New content on young people, healthy relationships with physical activity and self-care.
The online course has been developed based on learning from their Get Set to Go programme and an independent evaluation led by Loughborough University. It builds upon their successful face to face training course. Anyone who delivers coaching in clubs, community sport and physical activity – such as coaches, activators, sports administrators, front of house staff or volunteers – can access the course.
The 4 modules – developed in partnership with 1st4sport and UK Coaching, and funded by Sport England and the National Lottery – will increase your knowledge and understanding of mental health, providing you with the practical skills and strategies to be able to:
- Build people’s resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- Adapt your sessions to make them more inclusive
- Enable and support mental health recovery
- Tackle stigma and discrimination
The course has been awarded 1.5 Developmental CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid England offer a range of evidence-based mental health training for individuals and organisations from awareness raising to skill development including half day, 1 day and 2 day Mental Health First Aid courses.