What is the Active Lives Children and Young People Survey?
Active Lives Children and Young People Survey is run by Sport England developed with the Department for Education, the Department of Health and Social Care and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. It provides key data on how children engage with sport and physical activity.
Benefits of taking part:
- Bespoke School Report: covers children’s activity levels, physical literacy, swimming proficiency, wellbeing, self-efficacy and levels of social trust
- Equipment credits: to the value of around £100, to spend on a range of sports, wellbeing and health eating equipment or materials
- Every response counts: each Yr 1 and Yr 2 parent survey response is worth an extra £10 credit. Plus, Active Kent & Medway prize draw to the value of £250 for Secondary Schools.
- Comparison data: on the bespoke school report will show how your current results compare with your previous results on some key measures.
- Ofsted evidence: provided by bespoke school report and DfE Healthy Schools Rating and both will allow you to celebrate good work in PE & School Sport
Information and Surveys for Selected Schools:
To access additional school guidance as well as example surveys and parent letters please visit the Sport England website.
Please note that only one class per selected year group is required to complete the survey. If your school is a single form entry school, then the entire year group is required to complete the survey. If your school is less than a single form entry school, please let us know and include your number on roll in each year group. You can access your school’s survey links below.
Please click on your relevant district and select your school to access your survey links.
If you have any questions about the Active Lives Survey, please contact Rachael Scott via email: email@example.com.