The Kent County Council Capital Grant Scheme for Sport aims to encourage the development of sport in the county by offering grants to sports organisations to improve facilities and widen participation.
After the close of applications for the May 2022 round, Active Kent & Medway, who administer the fund, are delighted to confirm that the following clubs and projects have been awarded funding:
- Tonbridge Angels Football Club (Tonbridge & Malling) – £5,000 towards equipment and work at their stadium
- The Cheriton Road Sports Ground Trust (Folkestone & Hythe) – £5,000 towards the costs associated with the creation of a pavilion at their new athletics track
- Offham Cricket Club (Tonbridge & Malling) – £2,000 towards the hard standing practice nets
- Lenham Bowling Club (Maidstone) – £4,000 towards the rebuilding of ditches
- Kemsing Cricket Club (Sevenoaks) – £5,000 towards non turf practice nets
- Whitstable Town FC (Canterbury) – £5,000 towards the cost of floodlights
Liz Davidson, Active Partnership Director commented “We are delighted to be supporting these organisations through the KCC Capital Grant Fund for Sport. These clubs and organisations represent the backbone of our sporting landscape here in Kent, connecting communities and engaging residence in sports and other activities. We encourage similar organisations to get in touch about the funding if they’re looking to update and improve their facilities on offer”.
The next round of funding closes at the end of August 2022. For more information and for application details please follow the link below:
Alternatively, please get in touch with Stuart via email email@example.com