About the Capital Grant Scheme
The Kent County Council Capital Grant Scheme for Sport is administered by Active Kent & Medway and is intended for the following purposes:
- Provision of facilities for the community of Kent, including specialist facilities, training centres and centres of excellence and performance
- Purchase of new community equipment
- Improvements to existing buildings and sites or conversion of redundant buildings
- Levering funding from other organisations into key schemes in Kent, and demonstrating partnership
- Providing specialist facilities or equipment for disabled people
- Increasing participation in sporting activities
Who can apply?
- Voluntary sports clubs
- Governing bodies of sport
- Parish councils.
Applications are accepted throughout the year but close at midnight on the final day of the following months – February, May, August and October, when they are assessed against the criteria. The maximum amount of funding awarded is £10,000, though this is reserved only for projects of countywide strategic significance.