Active Thames, a partnership programme led by the Port of London Authority, promotes the development of watersports on the tidal Thames and inland waterways in London, Kent and Essex.
Now in its third year, the fund supports growth in watersports and use of the Thames Path National Trail. It enhances access, diversity and inclusion and raises awareness of the benefits of blue space and physical activity. The fund is supported by Active Kent and Medway, Active Essex, London Sport, British Canoeing, British Rowing, RYA, Canal & River Trust and Thames Path National Trail.
Applications should deliver on at least one of the following objectives:
- Improve diversity of participation, particularly among under-represented groups including:
- People with disabilities;
- People with long term health conditions;
- People from lower socio-economic groups;
- Ethnically diverse communities.
- Develop the workforce (coaches, volunteers and administrative support);
Funding up to £5000, or higher if working in partnership or if the organisation applying has a strong background in delivering projects successfully.
Previous beneficiaries of Active Thames grants are welcome to apply again.
The deadline for applications is 5 November 2023. You will be updated on the outcome of your application by 30 November 2023.
If you have questions about the grant, you are welcome to join one of the online drop-in session that Active Thames are delivering on the following dates:
Funding and Partnerships Manager