Active Kent and Medway in partnership with Kent Trust for Youth Sport is able to provide funding for any club or organisation, looking to encourage and increase participation in physical activity for those living in Kent or Medway (excluding London Boroughs). Funding could be available for projects such as new programmes, festivals, events, launches or celebrations of activity, that re-engage with their previous audience and/or encourage those new to activity to continue to be active.
Funding of up to £500 (in exceptional circumstances we will consider awards of more than £500) is available for any formally constituted, not-for-profit or statutory organisations providing physical activity opportunities. Please note we will not approve applications from companies limited by shares. Organisations can only apply for two grants per financial year, but each application must be for a new project and must target new participants.
What we will fund:
- Facilitator/Coaching costs
- Venue hire
- Sport/Activity equipment
- Marketing and publicity
- Costs towards events such as tasters days that encourage increased participation
What we will not fund:
- The general running costs of an organisation
- Activity sessions delivered during curriculum time
- Team/club kit
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Retrospective costs
- 100% of the total project cost