The average UK worker spends more than 8 hours a day sitting down (whether that’s at a desk or on the sofa) and 1 in 4 of us are doing less than 30 minutes of activity a week. This level of physical inactivity is having a detrimental effect on our health, causing 1 in 6 deaths in the UK (the same as smoking!).
To encourage you to be more active at work, we invite you and your colleagues to sign up to our free Activity Tracker.
Why? Because people who are physically active (achieving the recommended 150 minutes of moderately intense activity per week), can reduce their risk of more than 20 chronic diseases, including a 30% reduced risk of depression.
Sign up to the free Activity Tracker and find out if you’re achieving the recommended 150 minutes of moderately intense activity per week.
- Log your daily activities
- Connect to wearable Apps: FitBit, Strava, GoogleFit
- View your achievements based on distance, steps, activity points or CO2 saved.
- Run your own activity challenges for your workplace, department or group
Health and Wellbeing Officer
- Tel: 03000 417422
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"I love to keep active by walking, hiking or cycling in the countryside or by the coast, just taking in the beauty of nature and catching up with friends."