This section provides information and resources which will help you to provide positive experiences for children and young people when they take part in sport and physical activity.
Our priorities as a team are as follows:
- Prioritise resources to support CYP who are least likely to be active including those in under-represented groups: Lower Socio-Economic groups, CYP with long term health conditions or a disability and Ethnically Diverse Communities.
- Continue to influence and collaborate with organisations from the public, voluntary and private sectors which are responsible for, or have a direct role in, helping to improve the lives of inactive CYP, including those in health, social, education and youth sectors.
- Support the workforce to develop the appropriate skills and competencies to engage with CYP who are least likely to be active.
- Support sport and physical activity providers who offer activities for CYP to connect with the organisations who work directly with CYP.
- Focus on our place-based projects and identify several smaller communities in areas of high deprivation where CYP and their families are least likely to be active.
- Monitor and evaluate projects and programmes and share key learnings to shape future delivery.